Everyone is talking about Chinese cutie Kim Chiu’s next teleserye, Pinoy My Girl which premieres on May 26 on ABS-CBN’s Primetime Bida. Kim is perfect as the leading lady for My Girl because of her very exotic and oriental features. She did a lot of preparations for her role which includes learning how to speak in fluent Mandarin. Kim will be playing the character of Jasmine, is a poor yet courageous girl, who learned how to be street smart since she moved places a lot with her father. She likes using her favorite line "Tira-tira!" when provoked. Because of a unique situation, she will meet Julian (Gerald Anderson) and in an unexpected event, the two will be forced to live in a web of lies and deceit.
In the short span of time that Kim has been in the industry, she has already gained praises for her acting from her co-actors, directors and fans. She has starred in numerous ABS-CBN shows like Go Kada Go, Love Spell and Your Song but her biggest success as an actress was in the series Sana Maulit Muli which was also aired in Taiwan, Malaysia, China and other Asian countries. She was also the lead star in the movies First Day High and I’ve Fallen for You.
Kim is also a recording artist and did the album Gwa Ai Di under Star Records. She won numerous awards for this album such as “Song of the Year” and “Best Female Pop Performance” for the single, Crazy Love. My Girl’s original soundtrack is also under way and will soon be released with songs from Kim Chiu, Sam Milby and Yeng Constantino.
Don’t miss other My Girl updates and its premiere on ABS-CBN’s Primetime Bida this May 26!
* eSeong Network USer ReviewS *
* ) i've seen the whole trailer already .. and so far, i think it's uhh, good ?.
* ) Me too, I've seen the trailer but I still like the korean my girl more. We'll just wait and see. Hope Kim and Gerald can keep up with the acting of the original cast since korean my girl is my all-time favorite. I wish them good luck!
* ) i'm not being a anti of hers or even a fan!lol...i've seen her acting and all that............................................but to be honest.............................i think here acting is just really over reacting!(man!being honest is so hard!i hope no one will get mad at me!^^)and also i have a question!how come she needs to learn mandarin?
* ) that's what i was abt to comment on. i thought she is already speaks chinese mandarin? or was that hokkien? anywho, im pretty sure it's mandarin. so, im just saying, there really was no "preparation for the role" that much as said in the article
* ) Guys, kindly read properly the article. It says that she's learning FLUENT mandarin. Maybe she's not that very good in speaking the language that's why. If you have watched the korean version, lee hyo rin (lee da hae) speaks fluent mandarin. And so, Kim is doing it for the role.
* ) they've ruined the show with their lousy cast just hope the wont continue to murder the show my changing the storyline